Top ten holiday gift guide to get fit and healthy in 2010
Posted Dec 07 2009 9:45am
This year why not give the gift of health? Here are my top 10 recommendations to get you and/or your loved ones healthy in 2010.
1. Relaxing the mind and body is crucial for your overall health. Book a massage at one of these green friendly spas for your favorite stressed out friend. Don't want to splurge? Instead bring the spa experience home. Check out these cool picks from gaiam.com.
2. Eating healthier starts with having healthy foods in the pantry. Create your own healthy food basket to bring to the host or hostess of the holiday party. Why not include my top 10 favorite foods to have in the pantry?
3. For the person who has it all, donate to a good cause. We love anything that benefits our health and planet. Check out these organizations for some ideas.
4. Often times we don't eat healthy because we don't know how to make quick healthy meals. Why not give the gift of a healthy cooking class to the chef on your list? Can't find a class? Check out my fav healthy cookbooks HERE.
5. Interested in learning more about health and nutrition? Become your own health expert at Integrative Nutrition! (Mention my name and receive a $500 discount now) Can't commit to the program? Hire your own health counselor or immerse yourself in some of the most influential health books I've read HERE.
6. Sometimes we need just a little motivation to exercise. A new workout outfit or pair of sneakers can be the perfect solution. For the person on your list who needs a push in the gym, why not dress them in some new duds from these companies that are also committed to donating a percentage of their proceeds to the health of the planet: patagonia,livestrong,tees for change.
7. If your last exercise routine meant circling the holiday buffet table its time to hit the gym. Nothing gets me in better shape then 3x week strength training. Why not give a personal training session? or 1 month gym membership?
8. Good health includes a balance of a relaxed mind. Nothing centers yourself better then a few OMs. Give the gift of a yoga class at a local studio or my favorite yoga dvd from Baron Baptiste.
9. One of my favorite kitchen utensils is the Vitamix. While it is costly, it has saved me so much time in the kitchen (which is priceless in my mind) Make soups, smoothies, dips, nut butters in seconds...perfect for the person with a busy schedule.
10. Last but not least, while you are getting presents for everyone on your list, be sure to get a present for yourself! No one deserves a gift more then you!
Happy Holidays! Liz
These great tips are brought to you by Liz Stein (our holistic nutrition
partner). Liz is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor.