"I was getting pretty scared -- I thought the title was over,
really. There was a lot of worry going through my head," Brown
said after the race. "But as soon as that second lap, and the splits started coming
down, it was reassuring. Terenzo was riding like a man possessed in
those early stages," he added.
On the women's side of the race it was Joanna Lawn (pictured here winning last year's IMNZ) who once again dominated the race for a 7th time to easily capture the win in a record time of 9:14:35 over fellow Kiwi Gina Crawford.
"Today was hard, the bike was pretty rough. It was really windy,
and there weren't many people. No-one, really - it was pretty much a
solo ride," Lawn said. "I never thought I'd get close to the record, because
last time I was pushed. But you just have to dig deep and you can break
records," she added.
Click HERE to a recap of the race on New Zealand's TVNZ.
Top Ten Men at 2010 IMNZ
*Cameron BROWN 8:2:52,
* Terenzo BOZZONE (#2) at 8:30:00
* Kieran DOE (#3) at 8:34:16
* Keegan WILLIAMS (#18) at 8:40:11
* James BOWSTEAD (#4) at 9:02:46
* Andrew HOWSE (#535) at 9:06:40
* Hayden ARMSTRONG (#257) at 9:06:56
* Chris WATERHOUSE (#17) at 9:10:41
* Anthony RULE (#183) at 9:12:23
* Christoph SONNACK (#382) at 9:13:40
Top Ten Women at 2010 IMNZ
*Joanna LAWN (#7) 9:14:35.
* Gina CRAWFORD (#6) at 9:28:26
* Kim LOEFFLER (#9) at 9:30:57
* Sarah POLLETT (#23) at 9:45:44
* Britta MARTIN (#22) at 9:47:11
* Belinda HARPER (#657) at 9:48:55
* Nicole WARD (#26) at 9:51:05
* Sue MELLSOP (#1077) at 10:03:20
* Susan CASEY (#638) at 10:06:12
* Kate BEVILAQUA (#8) at 10:18:12