1. I am worried about my friend Doug. He is in the Cardiac ICU because he went into affib late last night. They think he has an infection on one of the sores on his back that may have entered his blood stream, which is bad in general but extremely bad if you just had a bone marrow transplant 2 days ago and literally have no white blood cells at the moment. If you pray, please pray. If you don't pray, please send positive thoughts in his direction and in the direction of his wife and children.
2. When I am worried, I clean. Not only did the girls and I clean up their playroom, but I cleaned the kitchen. I don't mean straighten either. I got out the granite wipes and even the glass cook top cleaner. And then I cleaned my office while the dishwasher was running. My office was next, followed by our bedroom and our bathroom.
3. I have an outfit under my desk that I bought a couple months ago. It was too tight. I am determined to get into it and to look good in it.
4. I also tend to eat when I'm worried. Discovering a bag of marshmellows in your pantry is not a good thing when you eat when worried. I only ate 2/3 of a cup of them... 25 g of carb. I wasn't quite able to eat the blocks of protein to balance that out. I felt like throwing up. Not eating carbohydrate sources other than fruits and veggies for several weeks and then eating mini marshmellows is not a good thing. I am truly surprised I didn't puke - I heaved a few times because my stomach felt so sick, but they didn't come up thank goodness. I think the protein I ate helped... and the water. I don't think I'll make that mistake again. Back to fruits and veggies only this morning! I felt disgusting (and still do).
5. I saw this quote and I couldn't agree more: Motherhood - the full on, no holds barred, adventure of a lifetime.
6. The other quote I saw that is good for both my little ladies and me... "Promise me you will always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin to Pooh. I think I might start reading Winnie the Pooh to the girls.
7. I didn't go to bed last night until after midnight. I'm completely exhausted today, but I got the girls off to school and all set for water day. I shouldn't complain though because Mr. Darcy didn't even get home from work until 6:45 am this morning. I talked to him a little after midnight before I went to bed, and then when I woke up at 5:15 this morning because I realized he wasn't there I called him at his office. The poor guy was working his tail off. He thought he'd be home by 3:30 am, but definitely didn't make it at home.
8. As you might have guessed that meant no bike ride this morning. But, after getting the girls ready and taking them to school, I put clean sheets on the guest bed, clean towels in the guest bedroom, finished up a little something for my Junior League Committee, emptied the dishwasher, and wrote a note to an old law school friend who I saw just got a new position. No too shabby.
9. I am now down to 14 items on my To Do List. It's progress.
10. I think for my lunch hour today, I may take a nap!