3/4 cup instant oats (uncooked)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg (each)
1 tsp all spice
1 cup plain non fat or low fat yogurt
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
1 medium zucchini (shredded - about 1.5 cups)
1 cup frozen blueberries (if in season, fresh is fine)
Water - add as needed to help bring batter to a slightly thick consistency and barely dripping off mixing fork/spoon
Favorite crunchy flak cereal (ex. Great Grains) for topping
Pam - to spray pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin tin (12 tins) w/ non stick spray
3. Combine dry ingredients (until yogurt) in bowl and mix until combined.
4. Combine wet ingredients in bowl, stir well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet until evenly mixed. Add a little water as needed to help w/ mixing.
6. Spoon into muffin tin, until 3/4ths full. Batter should make 12 muffins. Sprinkle with a pinch or spoonful of cereal before baking.
7. Bake for ~18-25 minutes or until top of muffin is firm to the touch.
(I used my software program Diet Analysis Plus)
Serving size: 1 muffin
Sodium: 74 mg