Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
The Skinny on Fat, Part I
A Busy Mussel Weekend
Cayuga Triathlon Skinny
15 September 2009
» View All
10 Things I Have Learned This Week About Training
Posted Nov 02 2009 12:00am
1) There is no substitute for sleep.
2) Sleeping in late is no substitute for going to bed early.
3)When you are involved in a Master's Swim that is nearly 3000 yards, and you start feeling terrible in an unfamiliar way 1200 yards in—listen to your body—it does not pay to muscle through a workout.
4) Halloween candy is
a good source of dietary fiber.
5) It is okay to miss a workout for this reason: you're at home with a sick child.
6) It is not okay to miss a workout for this reason: I do not have time. The gym is open at 5:15 a.m.
7) After a grueling brick workout, I am not going to gain back every calorie I expended by drinking a delicious chocolate milkshake.
8) Days off are completely necessary and a day off means a day off...
"... maybe I'll only run a 5k today."
9)Stretching is important, and difficult. I sweat more stretching 20 minutes than I do running a 5k
10) Training is addicting. Now more than ever, with the gains I made this past race season, I am inspired to train even harder.
Post a comment
Write a comment:
You Can Do Pretty Much Anything (and Other Things I’ve Learned in Two Weeks of Training)
What I learned Last Week - Training & Blood Sugars
Marathon Training Week 8: When I Learned that Speed work Works
Richmond Marathon Training: Week 2 – Learning Experience + SocialPace
25K Training – Week 5 – Learned Something New About Crestor
Training Update: Week 15 – Wherein I learn some hard lessons about distance running and get geeky about the 114th Boston M
Training Update: Week 12 - Wherein I learn to loathe intervals and embrace being a ‘running nerd’
Free Mental Health Humor : Weekly Review August 24th - August 29th
Berlin Marathon Training–Week 6
What I’ve Learned During Marathon Training
half marathon training
triathlon training plan
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2014 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.