Health knowledge made personal
The Teleosis Institute is devoted to developing effective, sustainable health care provided by professionals who serve as environmental health stewards.
Teleosis is dedicated to reducing healthcare's footprint while broadening its ecological vision. We believe in a health care system that conserves natural resources, promotes personal wellness, and begins with precaution. At the forefront of this sustainable medical system are health providers who take an active role in greening healthcare through example, education and advocacy.
In 2004, after observing the absence of the healthcare industry in discussions of a sustainable future, Dr. Joel Kreisberg DC, a health professional, founded the Teleosis Institute. Teleosis is from the Greek meaning "greater self realization". Teleosis Institute integrates the principles sustainable medicine, while empowering health providers to provide the leadership necessary to practice medicine sustainably.
The Teleosis Institute is a 501 c (3) non-profit organization, serving:
* Healthcare professionals who witness the impact of environmental and lifestyle decisions on their patients? health and want to address environmental- and lifestyle-related illnesses in their practices, and
* Healthcare professionals who seek to introduce healthcare concerns into environmental issues locally, nationally or globally.
The Institute has three specific goals directed toward promoting high quality, cost-effective, sustainable medical services benefiting underserved populations and the environment in which we live:
* Provide Education in the principles and practices of green healthcare
* Provide a Forum for continued learning, discussion and collaboration on green healthcare practices and strategies for change, and
* Provide Tools for implementing green healthcare practices
The Teleosis Institute provides educational programs, tools and resources to help health practitioners integrate environmentally sound strategies into their practice and create a new model of care called Green Health Care.
Teleosis serves health care professionals through the following interlinked areas:
* Leadership in Green Health Care is an 8-week online course for health professionals to become leaders in the emerging field of sustainable medicine.
* The Green Pharmacy Program provides communities with safe disposal for unwanted medicines while educating the public about the effects of pharmaceuticals in our environment.
* Symbiosis Journal explores ecological principles of healing and medicine. Other educational materials include, Environmental Health Brochures, Green Health Care Newsletter, lectures, and online resources.
* The Green Health Care Network a grassroots network of visionary health care professionals who are leading the Green Health Care movement.
PEOPLE: Joel Kreisberg, DC, MA, Founder and Executive Director |