Benefits of Tai Chi and Qigong: Real People tell their stories
Posted Aug 03 2012 7:17am
This week has been so amazing! But it's not unusual and that is what is even more amazing! Some of my students who have been with me for over a year and some who have just started their Tai Chi Qigong classes this week have had some dramatic changes in their health and lives 1. C who has difficulty sleeping and previously only slept for 3-4 hours every night told me yesterday she is now sleeping a solid 6 hours every night!
2. S who started just a month ago ( 4 lessons ) told me she doesn't feel jittery, and her mind feels clearer. She is loving the classes and is sorry she waited so many years to get involved.
3. M on her first lesson (at the suggestion of her MD), felt overwhelming emotion leave her body during the class and great relief afterwards.
4. E has had friends and family comment on her new calm attitude.
5. R who has Parkinsons Disease feels 'well oiled' and flexible after her weekly session.
6. H finds meditation helps her with the difficult caregiving of her husband with Alzheimer's.
7. D feels less frustrated and angry living with the challenges of her disability, her caregivers have recorded in their daily diaries an improvement in her daily activities and attitudes since she started the program 12 weeks ago.
8. L told me her balance and confidence has improved and she no longer is afraid to go walking alone.
9. M a new student who is 90 years old and has been an active exerciser all her life is delighted to find a new gentle way to stay flexible and mobile. She is also very enthused to connect with her Qi and told me she wishes she could do the class everyday - that it gives her some more energy in the afternoon on the days she does it.
I am getting more people being referred by their traditional western trained physician for various needs. I am glad that there are many scientific studies being done and more people are convinced that these arts are helpful, but I know it is.. people tell me all the time.