Your Summer To Do List to Keep You From Missing Out on Summer!
Posted Jun 30 2010 11:00pm
Whoohoo! It’s summer! It’s JULY!!
When did that happen!
Don’t let this summer rush by and not enjoy it (again!)
Plan these next few months well and really enjoy them.
If you have a family, or you’re single, you have to pre-plan or you know you’ll miss events that bring you new experiences, joy and possibly, new friends!
Think of all the great stuff you don’t want to miss! A trip, camping in the back yard, staycationing around the area to museums, parks, festivals and concerts and flower gardens . . . or hiking, enjoying pools and water fun and so much more!
So, here are the 8 TO DOs to Enjoy Your Summer, so that you don’t miss this year’s summer fun!
1. Write a list of all the things that you and your family want to do this summer. Have each of them write a list too so that no one is left out.
2. Get a family calendar out to start “penciling” in (you may need to erase and replace some events) your choices. You will of course need to compromise on some events, that’s part of being in a family and team that works together!
3. Need to order event tickets? Do it now before they’re gone!
4. Use those coupons, gift cards/certificates to save too! Find them and put them all in a labeled folder so that they don’t get lost.
5. Make a folder for each event that you commit too with all the information, directions, maps, contacts, reservations, tickets, coupons, etc. that you’ll need to easily follow through on the adventure.
6. Have one place where you and others in your family know where the coupons, gift cards/certificates, tickets, etc. “live” so that they don’t get lost and you lose out on your planned event.
7. Use the calendar to keep everyone up to date, on the same page and to keep from double booking events. Plus, no one can say, “I didn’t know!”
8. Look at the calendar often in order to pre-plan other things you may need for each upcoming event, like food, an umbrella, blankets for the grass, sun screen, band aides for hiking blisters, water, etc. With the family event calendar in plain view, remind others to check in on the calendar too (this keeps you from being the “Calendar Keeper!” and so, a martyr! Who needs that?!
No summer should be lost again to lack of pre-planning.
You and your family deserve to enjoy this lovely time of year to its fullest!
Try something new! Challenge yourself and your family to stretch and expand their experience this summer!
Plan, plan, plan…. and have fun, fun, FUN!
Oh, and send me a post card!!
Dr. DeClutter / PO Box 6149 / Longmont, CO 80501 I’ll be looking for it!