Take More Vitamin F! Organize Your Life Around Friends for the Healthiest Life
Posted Nov 28 2012 1:00am
How many friends, real friends, do you have?
Do you have a good, positive and uplifting support system?
Did you know that it’s imperative to your health to have them both?
Complete health is characterized by not only the absence of disease, but also a high level of both physical and emotional well-being. Exercising regularly, watching your weight and not smoking are important choices for optimal health. However, they do not guarantee good health.
YA GOTTA HAVE FRIENDS….
Start taking more Vitamin “F!” Research shows that if you have and work on maintaining a satisfying social life and connections, you are more likely to be completely healthy — healthier than people who don’t.
TIPS: Keep your friendships and social network strong by having fun and sharing experiences. Here are some ideas.
1. Take your ‘Vitamin F’ Daily! Don’t just text! Pick up the phone and really have a conversation with your friend. Just call anytime, don’t wait until you think it’s the right or “best” time. Sure, text or email often, and have fun on Social Media, but really talking with and hearing your friends voice is the best way to communicate.
2. Invite friends over to play cards or a board game (not always TV! and not always food or drinks.)
3. Schedule weekly get togethers for creative and fun outings, or innings! Visit a museum, art gallery, listen to music, go to concerts, festivals, exercise together, go out to eat — activities and events where you can share and talk and enrich your friendships and interests that create deep and long lasting memories and bonds.
4. Join a group with shared interests: Join a civic group, hobby interest group, hiking club, travel group — BUNCO!-BINGO-BOOK CLUB or SCRAPBOOKING! — religious or spiritual group, or a recreational sports or dance group.
5. Hey, I know… create a group or start a club! You may have heard of the Red Hat Society or other such groups. As an example, the Red Hat Society has become an international social club almost overnight through one or two friend’s ideas of like-minded women getting together and having fun! Start your own! If you have an interest in something, others do to!
The choices are endless. Don’t sit at home alone. Don’t get stuck in a rut. Call, register, get involved — talk, laugh, share, have fun! Life’s short! Here’s to your health!!
“A friend is one to whom one may pour out
all the contents of one’s heart,
chaff and grain together knowing
that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it.
Keep what is worth keeping,
and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.”
~1866 Dinah Maria Muluck Craik/Pamela Lowery-Welch
To all my wonderful friends around the world… I am so grateful for our years of and ongoing joy of sharing and always being there for one another!