Getting stressed out lately? We know that there are a lot of different things to help de-stress, like yoga, exercise, and aerobics.
But experts believe that good old socializing with a warm circle of friends is still probably the best way to de-stress. If you find it difficult to fit socializing into your schedule, maybe these basic pointers could help you out.
1. Plan an informal do with your friends. Keep it simple. Get everyone to bring a platter and use disposable plates and cups. The idea is to just chill out and have fun.
2. Fix up a lunch date with a good friend. Even if you are swamped with work, taking out this time will get you refreshed, and help in getting through the rest of the day.
3. Make a couple of friends in your workplace with whom you can share things that bother you, or even good things that have happened- like maybe a potential promotion. Having a confidant at work goes a long way in reducing stress.
4. Join a class or some activity to have fun, and to potentially meet new people.
5. Try to avoid people that crib the whole time. Hanging around such people really piles on the stress.
6. Finally, invest in your friendships. Look up old friends and make an effort to stay in regular touch with the current ones.