Stress is one of those unavoidable evils in life, but learning how to manage tension without letting it rip your life apart is one of the major keys to being happy. According to the Detroit Medical Center, here are some tips for staying sane, healthy, and happy in our current stress-filled milieu:
1) Make sure you take one action that's just for you during the week.
2) Vent to a friend or family member.
3) Exercise at least three times a week, for 30-45 minutes at a time.
4) Eat at least one hot meal per day.
5) Get your regular physical checkup.
6) Take up yoga or deep breathing exercises.
7) Cut down on caffeine.
8) Avoid indulging in too much food, alcohol, or over-the-counter medications.
9) Meditate twice a day, 20 minutes at a time.
10) Laugh--it really is the best medicine.