I have been very lucky over the past five or six hours to have run into over half of the managers in baseball. Not only that, but I had the pleasure of talking with Tony Reagins of the Angels, Billy Beane of A's, and several reporters that include Peter Gammons , Steve Phillips, Todd Verducci , Harold Reynolds and more. Here is the latest from Nashville:
- The Marlins and Tigers finalized their deal.
- The Brewers are preparing an offer for TadahitoIguchi , according to his agent.
- The Braves and Rangers are interested in bringing in Corey Patterson as a one year stop gap.
- The Marlins are now rejoining the race for free agent Aaron Boone, now that they have traded Miguel Cabrera. Other teams that are interested include the Giants and Nationals.
There hasn't been too much going on these Winter Meetings, but I have been able to pick up different tidbits:
- Manager Bruce Bochy does not expect Pedro Feliz back with the Giants. However, he plans to have Rajai Davis and Randy Winn starting in the outfield next season.
- He also said that they plan to give prospect Travis Ishikawa a shot at first base, but they are worried because of his struggles at Triple-A.
- The Nationals are looking to make a trade and are looking to teams with deep farm systems to make a trade. I heard the Cubs and Rockies as two teams.
- The Mariners are waiting on HirokiKuroda , says manager John McClaren . He also said that Adrian Beltre will be the Mariners third baseman next season.
- Angels GM Tony Reagins chatted with me for a minute and said that the two additions of Torii Hunter and Jon Garland are not the last. Although that does not mean a big deal is coming, that could mean they are looking for stop gaps or solid back ups.
- I am hearing the Reggie Willits is drawing a lot interest so that could trade could bring back two solid players. The Marlins are still interested, despite acquiring Cameron Maybin .
- GM Billy Beane is staying quiet, while letting trade talks with his players remain under the radar.
- A reporter with the Chicago Tribune thinks pitchers Carlos Silva, Livan Hernandez, and HirokiKuroda will all get "Ted Lilly Money."
- LaTroy Hawkins is closing in on a deal with an unknown team.