Six tips to make your baby not cry during the night
Posted Mar 17 2009 4:05am
You have to work 8 hours out of your house, fight the traffic home, nurse your baby, make dinner, and ….Now, it's around 1am and your baby stars crying, you get up, go to his/her bed, soothe your baby, put him/her in bed, and return to your bedroom. 4 hours later the baby cries again and you have to do the same process again. Then, it's time to go to work and you didn't sleep well. You have to live your life like this for at least 2 years. So exhausting, isn't it?
To solve this problem, you should have a routine schedule for every night. There are three or four special activities you need to do EVERY night before sleeping your baby. I call it “ magic sleeping actions”. Follow these tips of "magic sleeping actions" every night:
1. Feed your child before sleeping: Whether you are breastfeeding your baby or not, make sure that your baby goes to sleep not hungry, so s/he wouldn't wake up because of hunger.
2. Bathe your baby: Bathing with warm water is soothing for your baby. After bathing, wrap him/her up in a very soft towel. Warm the soft towel, whether by a dryer or an iron to make it cozier, so your child will enjoy this step of "magic sleeping actions" more.
3. Check the diaper: Check the diaper of your baby before putting him/her in the crib. Change the diaper if it is wet.
4. Rock your baby: The next step is to rock him/her just for five to ten minutes. Some babies may need much more rocking time and others may need less. The important factor that you should keep in mind is to stick to a particular rocking time. This can help your child to habit to the routine schedule. You can hug and rock him/her or you can use a well-made rock-a-bye baby.
5. Tell a story or sing lullaby: After putting your sweet baby in the crib, tell him/her a story, which is better to be about night or sleep. For instance, a story of a rabbit that says good night to his room and toys at bedtime. You can also sing a lullaby that may make you sleepy too!
6. Check the physical conditions of the bedroom: Turn off the light and make sure the room is dark and its temperature is suitable especially, in cold weather.
By sticking to "Magic Sleeping Actions", you'll see your baby wakes up less during the night and you can have a deep sleep. Write about your experience of sleeping your child. You can drop your email address if you like.