www.Dreammoods.com is an online encyclopedia of dream meanings to help all my readers and dreamers decipher their own dreams. Check it out!
In all of our dreams, the true meanings emerge when we decide what they really mean to us. Though these dream symbols are shared among many, and we can determine general explanations for them, it is the context in which we place them that is significant. Read all you can about dream meanings to find information that may be relevant to you, but also ask questions about your dreams similar to the ones below:
1. Upon awakening from a dream, what was I feeling? Was I happy, sad, angry, scared?
2. What is the plot of the dream? Look at it objectively as a viewer. What are the actions and interactions between each character in the dream? Do any of those characteristics apply to me? Do I act like that, or talk that way to others?
3. What is the major concern in my life right now? (i.e. fear of being laid off from work)?
4. Is there a person/situation I am running from or trying to avoid? What is the major action going on in the dream? Are you the observer or are you participating?
5. If you are in the dream, what are your actions? Does the dream tie in with your concern about work? Are you running from someone or to someone? Are you driving fast, flying high or slowly walking? Observe the interactions between characters.
6. Who do the other people in my dream represent? Define each person and their characteristics. How do those characteristics mirror you? (Example: my Mom is always disrespectful of others and speaks her mind, doesn’t care who she hurts). Is the dream showing you doing the same thing or maybe you have a need to learn how to be more assertive with others? If there is a clown in your dream, are you a class clown or is there a need to lighten up and clown around a little more? Maybe you need some laughter in your life?
7. Who was the main character in the dream? Who has the control?
8. Was this a spiritual dream? A prophetic dream of the future? A physical condition that needs attention or is it a symbolic dream?
Dreams should make sense to you in terms of your present life situation/s and help you to first see the flaw, secondly to show you how to make some constructive changes.Dreams tend to occur in a series, stating a situation which needs your attention. It repeats itself, using different symbols, but the message is the same. The dream stops when you finally understand the message and you start working on the issue at hand.
God is always helping us to grow in our salvation and to become more like Christ. He shows us our flaws through people, places, situations and things of which symbolize something unique to you. God uses symbols that YOU will understand. He dials direct to the dreamer. Ask yourself, What does that person, place or thing mean to me personally?
Whenever I see a storm a brewing in my dreams, I know I’m getting stressed and I need to relax before my emotions get out of control. Someone with a bad temper may see a storm in his dreams to show him his effect on others whenever he is out of control, especially a tornado which destroys everything in its path. We don’t always see the damage we do to others by our words and/or actions, therefore the dream is pointing that out to you.
Read and enjoy as many books on symbology as you can and then start your own dream journal of symbols. If you read in Dreambooks.com that BUGS mean that a “disgustingly revolting complication” will arise in your daily life, but that just doesn’t feel right to you, then keep looking until you find what meaning sounds correct to you.
However, Dream Moods takes bugs more literally, as in something that’s bugging you. To dream of bugs suggests you are worried about something and experiencing some anxiety and fear. I have found that this particular meaning usually applies to me whenever I dream about bugs. For you, it might mean something totally different, so never doubt yourself. Go with your gut. If you get the interpretation wrong…a dream will show up again and get you back on track. Just the mere fact that you honor the dream message is a huge step in the right direction.