Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

What kind of rash do i have?

Posted by expoaly1

I've recently gotten a rash on my arm that's sort of parallel to the elbow, it's not itchy or raised but it is kind of painful and dry. I went to my pediatrician and he said it may be my eczema but I highly doubt it, it's nothing like the eczema i've gotten and currently have. The affected area looks red, kind of like an over sized bruise and is a bit wrinkly. What can it be?
Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
I actually have something just like that right now. I have decided that it is either ecsema or severely dry skin. I've been using hydrocortisone ointment (not cream) which is petroleum based, that way I figure it will help either way. It's been about a week now and the patches are getting lighter.
I have had a rash on my arms for about a week. They are little red bumps and the area is red and swollen. It iches so bad. It is on the top part of my arm just above my rist. and now it is on the frunt side of my legs to. Someone told me it was heat rash but it has not gone away. I have been spending a lot of time at the pool. about 1 to 2 hours a day. What is this?
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: