In Oregon, the lines between doctor and veterinarian were blurred when a nine-year-old boy visited Dr. David Irvine complaining of an earache. He said he heard 'rice krispie' sounds in his ear. After irrigating the ear with fluid, some spiders came out. "It was the only time I ever pulled out an invertebrate,"said Dr. Irvine.
That is nasty. This reminds me of a call I once received. A woman asked me for advice after suffering a poisonous spider bite to her face. This caused her cheek to have a big divot. She said she spent a night in a Motel 6 in Flint, Michigan and woke up with a brown recluse spider on her face, repeatedly biting her. The brown recluse spider is a poisonous spider whose toxin causes living tissue to die, hence the divot. No more Motel 6 for me!