Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

Is a treatment for cutaneous amyloidosis: Macular Amyloidosis?

Posted by tinadoza

I have it on my upper back spine, shoulder blades, and knees. 
Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
I have that on my upper back mainly. Lower back too. It is a form of PLCA - primary localized cutaneous amyloidosis. My doctor gave me triamcinolone acetonide -but he said it's not the cure because there science has not found a cure for it. Yet.
From what I've read on the internet, scientists in London hope to start trials for a CPHPC-with-antibody combination before April 2011. The main guy is Professor Mark B. Pepys at University College London. I'm not sure if his focus is systemic amyloidosis or any/all types of amyloidosis, but my gut feeling says there's hope on the horizon. Let's pray they get the funding they need. I believe the scientific teams intend to focus on Alzheimers-afflicted patients first, due to that fact that there are many more people with Alzheimers compared to amyloidosis. Source: 2 articles on , written by Clive Cookson, science editor at
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: