Unlike many lipstick colors or beauty products in general, this one has stood the test of time. There is a huge turnover in the cosmetic industry when it comes to products, especially lipsticks. You might find your favorite lipgloss then go back to buy it in 2 or 3 months and it's already off the market. But not Cherries in the Snow (I'm going to start referring to it as CITS), this shade has been on the market since 1953!! WOW- that is impressive.
Now the hype I've read about it, it's been referred to as the ultimate red lipstick. Ultimate lipstick formula maybe, red, not so much. I got this home and slapped it on, and to my surprise, it was more hot raspberry than red in my humble opinion. But I will show you some pics of me in this cult shade and let you be the judge.
I also put it next to some roses I just recently picked out of my own garden (okay, I don't have a "garden", that sounds really fancy- maybe "yard" is a better word!) that very closely resembled the actual color of this lipstick. If only this lipstick smelled as good as these roses do!!
I also couldn't resist the opportunity to share this CITS colored Elie Saab dress worn by the stunning Halle Berry at the 13th Annual Costume Designers Awards. Could she OR this dress, be any more ridiculously beautiful?! I think not.
Even though it didn't turn out to be the hot sexy red I was looking for, it is a hot sexy raspberry that commands attention!
And when you're wearing a color this vibrant, I've got some tips for making it stay put and look it's best
1. Apply your foundation or a skin toned concealer all over your lips to create an even canvas.
2. Use a lip brush to color in your exact lip shape. With a color this bright, don't try to extend outside your natural lip line or it will look super cheap and unnatural.
3. Blot your lips with a thin sheet of tissue. Then repeat step 2.
4. Use a similar colored lip liner to draw an exact line around your mouth. This liner also helps with any color bleeding.
5. My finished Cherries in the Snow pout!!
Very Hot for such a Cool color?! Ha!!
What do you think of Cherries in the Snow? What are your favorite cult beauty items that have stood the test of time?