JennySue Makeup's Top 10 Drugstore Makeup Bargains
Posted Dec 15 2008 12:00am
There are bargains everywhere, and when it comes to makeup. I definitely have spent much time and money searching up and down the Target/CVS/Walgreen makeup aisles in search of the next great one. I always want to look like a million bucks, but sure don't want to spend a million bucks. I wonder if Melania and Ivanka Trump shop at Walgreen's for their makeup??
Now I'm sure most of y'all out there enjoy David Letterman's Late Show Top Ten list like I do. So, I wanted to give my own JennySue Makeup Top 10 List on Beauty products you can find at your local drugstore. SO I hope you enjoy and please note, all the prices I give are averages and I rounded up!:
10. NYC Browblender and Liner Pencil ($5): The color range is good, the consistency is perfect for brow hair, and it includes a tiny brow brush on the end of the pencil.
8. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm($3): I love putting this on all day, and especially underneath all my lip glosses. The tingly sensation is awesome.
7. Olay Smooth Skin Exfoliating Scrub ($8): This scrub was a replacement product for their refining mousse cleanser which I use to use all of the time from Oil Of Olay, and this works just as well! Leaves my skin so soft and clean feeling all in one step.
5. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner ($6): Ditto on the staying power. And the color glides on nicely and stays on through teary experiences like weddings and births of babies (I wore this during both deliveries of both my sons, just in case someone photographed me;-) I wanted my sons to look back on the birth pics and say how fabulous mommy looked!)
3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss ($6): My all time favorite color is Nude Lustre - it's the bomb neutral color lip gloss that works for any on-the-go look. I've bought at least 4 tubes of it.
2. Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation ($8): This mineral powder is comparable to the more pricey mineral powders. It looks great on and has wonderful buildable coverage. My ONLY complaint is the brush that comes with it..I'm not a big fan because the bristles are too rough and it is difficult to maneuver.
Drum roll please.....and the #1 drugstore makeup bargain is...
1. Q-Tips ($5 for 500): Use the name brand ones, not your drugstore knockoffs. The original is the best at fixing your makeup mistakes and the cotton is nice and tight and doesn't unravel too easily. Hey on their website they claim that it is "The Ultimate Beauty Tool" and it just might be.
And there it is! The JennySue Makeup Top 10 drugstore makeup bargains. Now go out and get that Trump look for less. The Donald should make me his makeup apprentice:-)