Choosing the Right Plastic Surgeon for Face Lift Surgery
Posted Mar 31 2012 3:56am
Facial aging is universal. A facelift reverses the normal direction of facial aging, and makes you look younger and fresher. As aesthetic surgery for the face is a highly individualized procedure and requires great attention to detail, it has to be performed by a specialist. This article offers you some useful tips to choose the right plastic surgeon for your face lift surgery.
Tips to Find a Qualified Surgeon for Your Face Lift
A lower face lift reverses the effects of aging in the lower part of the face and the neck. It reduces the effects of facial aging and gives you a more youthful appearance. If you are young, you may require just a mini face lift to correct a sagging jaw line and tighten cheek skin. While you can easily find a plastic surgeon to perform the procedure, finding the right one requires some work. You need to browse the web, look up lists and directories of qualified surgeons, shortlist a few, and schedule consultations with them before making your choice. Factors to consider:
- References: Request acquaintances and your family doctor for names of specialists. Talk to people who have undergone facelift surgery at a plastic surgery center you are considering. A surgeon’s reputation depends on the quality of his work as well as the opinion that people have about him. You can also look up testimonials, reviews and surveys which rate specialists based on their evaluation by their peers.
- Qualifications and credentials: Get information about the surgeon’s qualifications, credentials and board certification. Looking up the websites of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the best way to get information on board-certified surgeons. Make sure the center or office where the procedure is performed has AAAASF-accreditation.
- Experience and skill: Choose a surgeon with excellent aesthetic awareness and skill in performing various types of facelifts. This will ensure optimal results. Look at before and after photos of the surgeon’s patients to get an idea about the results you can expect.
- Technolog y: Make sure the surgeon utilizes the latest technology and surgical procedures so that you are assured of an optimal outcome and a quick, smooth recovery.
- Ask questions: Talk to your surgeon and make sure you are comfortable with him or her. Choose a surgeon you can trust. Use your initial consultation to ask questions about the procedure, cost, possible complications, pre-operative preparation, recovery, post-surgical care, and any other procedures you may need to improve your facial looks. Avoid a surgeon that promises results without examining you or one that promises dramatic results.
Ultimately, your surgeon should be focused on correcting the issues identified and providing natural-looking results in a safe manner to guarantee your satisfaction. Cosmetic Surgery in a Safe and Comfortable Environment
To ensure that your face lift surgery is a safe and comfortable experience, choose a plastic surgeon supported by a skilled and caring staff. This would ensure customized solutions and excellent care – right from the moment you enter the plastic surgery center up to your complete recovery.