If you’re a plus-size woman, sometimes it can be frustrating to find clothes that flatter your body. Heck, it can be hard for many women regardless of their body size to shop for clothes. However, just because you are plus-size doesn’t mean that you can’t discover your own unique style and make it work for you. Here are 5 fashion tips you might want to consider
1. Wear clothes that fit properly - Don’t wear clothes that are too tight, but at the same time don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body. Avoid fabrics that cling to your body or textures that are stiff and bulky.
2. Play up your best features - You can accentuate certain parts of your body to show off your curves. Perhaps a V-neck shirt or sweater will enhance and bring out “The Girls”. A nice belt will cinch your waist and add definition to your hourglass shape.
Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks knows how to show off her curves...
photo credit: Perry Hagopian
3. Stick to small prints - If you’re going to wear something like plus size floral dresses , choose small prints as opposed to big prints that only make you look bigger. I like the floral dress pictured below (available at PlusSizeDresses.com ).
Floral Dress From PlusSizeDresses.com
4. Keep your look modern with fun accessories - For whatever reason, women who are plus-size tend to look older than their age. Create a "younger", playful look with trendy accessories.
5. Wear tailored, fitted jackets - It's winter time, so jackets are an important element in the wardrobe. Tailored, fitted jackets should flare over the butt and cinch in to accentuate your waist.