In high school I ran because my parents made me participate in a sport. Everyone made the track team and I had my bases covered for the year with cross country, indoor and outdoor track. By the time I was in college running was not even a passing thought. Actually running did not cross my mind till I wanted to shed some extra weight.
When I started running a year and half ago I never dreamed I would be able to run up 15 miles without stopping. Honestly a year and half ago I could not run a quarter mile without stopping to walk.
So why this change of heart, where has this love for running come from? There are many reason but how about my top seven.
- No Equipment Needed: All I need are my running shoes, shorts, tank and iPod and away I go.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Hey I can run 15 miles without stopping. This will definitely come in handy during the zombie apocalypse.
- Runners Legs: Not trying to brag but with all those miles comes a great looking set of legs. People ask me all the time, what do you do?
- Me Time: Hey I love my hubby and boys, but it’s nice to have some quality time with myself too!
- Calorie Burner: Lets face it, the best way to burn calories is to run. The more calories I burn the more I can eat. It’s a win, win for me!
- My Boys: My boys think I am awesome and to be an inspiration to them is beyond anything I can ask for. We even drag them to fun runs from time to time. The boys are starting to learn to pace themselves.
- I can: There is always a chance I will not be able to run; it might be tomorrow it might be years from now; but while I can, I run.
What is your favorite fitness activity? What pushes you to participate?