White Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Brown Sugar Bars
-- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened-- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
-- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
-- 1 egg
-- 1 teaspoon vanilla
-- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
-- 1 teaspoon baking soda
-- pinch of salt
-- 3 cups rolled ("old-fashioned") oats
-- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips
-- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (If you forgo the peanut butter, add 1/4 cup more flour)
Brown Sugar glaze:
1. Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on high.
2. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda, all at the same time. Stir in oats. Last, add chocolate chips and stir them in (or use clean hands, if the dough is too stiff).
3. Press cookie dough into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Dough should be somewhat flattened, but it's okay for some cracks to remain. :)
4. Add the layer of glaze across the top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cookies are set in the middle.
6. Cool for 20 minutes; cut into 24 squares. Delicious warm or cold! :)