I read an interesting article which had a list entitled “the Runner’s Manifesto “. This give 18 things that can help inspire you to become a better runner.
Many of them apply to joggling so I’ll list the appropriate ones and add a few myself.
1. Take action. Stop thinking you’ll get in shape “some day.”
3. Forget what others think. Run true to yourself.
5. Do everything you can to stay healthy – injuries prevent progress.
6. Learn what keeps you motivated and do everything you can to include more of that in your life.
7. Running more will usually help you run faster.
10. Stop wasting time doing things that aren’t important.
12. You’re capable of a lot more than you think.
13. Run more trails – they’re good for the body and mind.
14. A little bit of barefoot running goes a long way. Be sensible. – You might try wearing socks.
15. Joggling is fun. Always enjoy yourself.