Cole’s Football Team lost their football game on Saturday but played their little hearts out. Cole had some surprising moves in the back field that made a mom proud.
#55 comes in for the sack
Cole shakes him off and keeps going
Cole completes the pass off to Brown before while #17 takes him down. All this in one play.
Sunday we finished work on the dock between rain storms. I felt awful this weekend. Upper Respiratory getting the best of me. I pretty much went from the couch to a five gallon bucket in the yard. There was not a lot I could do to help Chris with the dock so I was out there for moral support and to grab things when he needed them.
After a two days of rest I felt 75% better. This morning I set out on a morning run. While it has been a little cooler down here the humidity is still up there, 79 degrees with 75% humidity.
I ran Rosemary Dunes this morning, there is not much of an elevation change on this route which is nice being I still can not breathe. Today’s run 7.4 miles with 8:18 pace. I tried to run the new Saucony app RUN4GOOD in the background of my Runtastic app but for some reason it stopped 1.67 miles into the run. I am not sure what I did wrong; maybe next time.
After a good run I decided to hit the weights and work on my arms.
Todays Dumbbell Workout:
Below is breakdown of each exercise: I found directions to each at Dumbbell-Exercises.com
- Lie down on your back on a bench and hold 2 dumbbells at chest level along your body, palms facing your feet.
- Raise the dumbbells straight up until your elbows are close to being locked and lower them back slowly after a short pause.
- Breathe out when raising the dumbbells and breathe in when lowering them back.
- Lie down on your back on the bench and grab one dumbbell with each hand at body height, elbows just slightly arched.
- Raise the dumbbells until they are side by side on top of you and slowly lower them back after a short pause.
- Try to maintain the same angle in your elbows throughout.
Alternated Biceps Curl:
- Stand up and hold one dumbbell with each hand down the side of your body, palms facing each other.
- Raise one dumbbell until it reaches your shoulder's height and while slowly lowering it back down after a short pause, start raising the other one.
- Try NOT to jerk your upper body in an effort to help you lift the weights
Seated Concentration Curl:
- Sit on a bench, rest one arm against your thigh and hold a dumbbell with that hand down between your legs, palm facing the other leg.
- Raise the dumbbell until it reaches your shoulder and slowly lower it back down after a short pause. Alternate after a set.
- Try NOT to jerk your upper body in en effort to help you lift the weight.
Two-Arms Triceps Extension:
- Stand up and hold one dumbbell with both hands behind your head, upper arms pointing straight up.
- Raise the dumbbell up by curling your elbows and slowly lower it back after a short pause.
- Your upper arms should remain still throughout.
One-Arm Triceps Extension:
- Stand up and hold one dumbbell with one hand behind your head, elbow at a 90 degree angle, upper arm straight up.
- Raise the dumbbell with one hand until your arm is close to being fully extended and slowly lower it back after a short pause.
- Alternate after a set.Keep your upper arm still throughout.
Palms-Up Wrist Curl:
- Sit on one end of a bench and hold one dumbbell on each hand, wrists against your knees, palms facing up.
- Raise the dumbbells up by raising only your hands and slowly lower them back down after a short pause.
- Keep your arms still throughout.
One-Arm Palm-Down Wrist Curl:
- Sit on one end of a bench and hold one dumbbell with one hand, wrist against your knee, palm facing down.
- Raise one dumbbell up by raising only your hand and slowly lower it back down after a short pause.
- Alternate hands after a set.Keep your arms still throughout.
Palms-In Alternated Shoulder Press:
- Stand up and hold two dumbbells, one at shoulder level and the other high with your arm extended, palms facing each other.
- Push one dumbbell straight up until your elbow comes close to locking and lower it back down after a short pause. Alternate hands.
- Be careful NOT to jerk your back in an effort to help you raise the dumbbells.
- Stand up and hold one dumbbell with each hand in front of your thighs, palms facing your body.
- Raise the dumbbells forward then up until your arms are close to being parallel to the ground and lower them back down after a short pause.
- Keep your arms extended throughout.
Kneeling One Arm Row:
- Put your knee and hand on a bench and grab a dumbbell with your other hand.
- Lift the dumbbell straight up without moving anything else than your arm and lower it back down after a short pause.
- Breathe out when raising the dumbbell and in when returning to starting position.
Bent Over Row:
- Stand up and reach down in order to hold two dumbbells with both hands (knees slightly bent).
- Lift the dumbbells up until your upper arms are parallel to your body and lower them back after a short pause.
- Try to keep your back straight throughout. Only the arm should move.
Don’t forget your BCAA’s and Protein Shake after finishing this up!