I am officially listening to Christmas music (practically all day long). I may or may not have bought a new Christmas tree as an impulse Target purchase tonight. TIP: If you want to save money, don’t go to Target during Christmas. Everything is too cute to not put in your cart.
Safe to say, the Christmas season will soon be in full swing.
Are you a runner? Do you have running friends? Does your spouse love to run or do you have someone who always says – I never know what to get you/you are so hard to shop for? Well then, I have the list you need.
1. Runner’s World – This is a pretty stellar gift that keeps on giving for a solid 12 months. It’s chocked full of helpful advice, training plans and the cover always features a superstar (i.e. Kara Goucher).
2. Women’s Running Magazine – I started a subscription to Women’s Running this year and have loved every issue. The magazine has great advice, tips, etc. for any of your lady running friends. Major shout out to my coach, Dorothy , for landing the cover of this month’s issue!
3. Nuun (pronounced NOON like the time of day) – These little tasty tablets are amazing for staying hydrated and can also be used to create fun cocktails. Double win.
They come in all different flavors.
4. A new water bottle – Not every running route has a plethora of water fountains and carrying around a standard bottle of water is a bit annoying. Hand-held water bottles are super convenient and a super gift for your favorite runner.
5. New earphones – If your running friend/spouse/person of interest is like me, they may be always forgetting their headphones or tend to wear out headphones pretty quickly. Seriously, who wants to run with headphones that only work some of the time. Headphones are always a great gift.
6. believe i am training journal – The believe i am journal is such an amazing tool to help you achieve your running goals. I am using mine for my next training cycle. Not only does it help you focus on what your goals are but it also let’s you track your progress.
7. Sparkly Soul headbands – I absolutely love these headbands. If they can hold back my massive amount of hair, they can work for anyone. They are super cute and definitely add some fashion to workout attire.
8. Picky Bars - A few months ago, I joined the Picky Club. Having fallen in love with these bars over the past year – the Picky Club was an obvious choice. Chris even loves these things. They make great training fuel and are awesome recovery food too.
9. For Santas with big wallets, a new Garmin watch would be a lovely gift. The new Garmin will be the bad boy of all the recipient’s running gadgets. Everyone likes the bad boy. Get this and you might not need any mistletoe for a sweet thank you kiss. If money grew on trees, I would definitely be sporting the Forerunner 610 (pictured below).
10. Sparkle Skirt – Bling is very big for the holidays, and everyone needs a little something sparkly. If you aren’t in the market for diamonds, a sparkly skirt is right up your price range alley. Also, I think a nice sparkle skirt stands out wonderfully in races so you can spot your favorite runner instead of having them wave frantically at you and yell things like “WHY DID YOU LET ME SIGN UP FOR ANOTHER MARATHON.” From stories that people I know have told, this sometimes happens at mile 20 of a marathon run by a curly haired Cajun with a pulled hamstring.
11. New Socks – Nothing stinks more (no pun intended) than bad socks. Cotton socks and running go together as well as Cajuns and snow. My personal new favorite socks are Swiftwick . They are comfortable and hold up to long distance training runs and races.
12. Body Glide – What doesn’t say Merry Christmas like a little non-chafing action. You don’t have to understand it, just go out and purchase and place in the stocking. Most running stores carry this little gem.
13. Safety light/safety vest – As the daylight hours fade, safety on the road becomes a greater concern. Keep your favorite runner safe with a headlamp, blinking light (attaches to their clothes) or a safety reflective vest. You could also tag along for a run with your favorite runner if it’s say really dark outside and they are maybe scared. Running buddy = gift in and of itself. Nathan’s is a great brand for these. I also found a great one at my local Fleet Feet and Nashville Running Company stores.
I saved the BEST for last ya’ll. If your runner friend/spouse/BFF is a lady – you will score some major points with this awesome gear from Oiselle !
My favorites are
Great to keep you warm enough for your run without making you overheat. Super comfortable too!
I love this tee. It’s super comfortable and I think the design is so fun. It reminds me that running should always be FUN.
The motto on this shirt reminds me of what it takes to race and get out of my comfort zone. I try to always remember this one!
These are super comfortable and a great fit. Perfect for colder weather!
And brand new favorites that were released today!
I pretty much ordered this within 5 minutes of seeing it on the website. I am sure I will be wearing this a ton this winter!
* I will definitely be saving my Christmas cash for this one! It’s designed by one of Oiselle’s team members!
P.S. If you are still unsure, giftcards to local running stores are always a great options. Runners are usually in need a new pair of shoes and running stores can fit them in a perfect pair!
** All pictures are from the websites linked in the item descriptions.**