1. Lay a bed of washed kale on the plate;
2. Sprinkle chopped watermelon and crumbled feta over kale;
3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Seriously, it's that easy!! Try it, I promise it's delicious!!
And finally, for dessert, I worked in a little protein goodness inspired by the lovely Tosca Reno of the Eat Clean Diet team!! After seeing Tosca's and The Athletarian's YUMMY looking protein popsicles, I had to try my own :)
The Run It My Way Take on Tosca's Protein Popsicles:
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used Kaizen Naturals' Vanilla flavour)
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (no sugar added fruit juice would be good instead of almond milk too!)
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 tsp honey
1. Mix in the blender until smooth;
2. Pour into popsicle moulds (or paper cups with popsicle sticks!)
3. Freeze overnight.
*tip: if you run warm water on the outside of the mould for a few seconds, it's less difficult to take your popsicle goodness out of the plastic mould when you're ready to eat it!!
How do you get your post-run/ post-workout protein?
Is anyone else as obsessed with watermelon as I am?!