2. Drive home and preheat your oven to a toasty 250 degrees F.
3. Spread out the nuts on a sheet pan. (I also added in the remnants of a bag of almonds that I had).
4. Put pan in oven for 5 minutes. As these nuts are already roasted, you are simply trying to warm them up to release some of the oils. This makes the buttering process much easier.
5. Allow the nuts to cool slightly. Then, place everything in your food processor.
6. Turn on the food processor and let it do it’s magic. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times but after 5-10 minutes you will have this – also known as, deliciousness.
Comparison to a jar of almond butter I bought a few weeks back that was probably around the $7 mark. For the same price, the tin of Planters yielded a jar and a half of nut butter.
Fuel! Let's go run!