4. Wash your bell peppers thoroughly and cut a circle around the top stem, scraping the seeds and white part out with a spoon. Be careful not to break the peppers!
5. Spoon your veggie and quinoa mixture into each pepper until it is full, packing it in gently. Place each stuffed pepper on a lined baking sheet ** I cooked chicken separately (a half cup of chopped chicken breast) and added it to the veggie and quinoa mixture separately after I had spooned the veggie/ quinoa mixture into two peppers for me so that Ryan could have meaty stuffed peppers**
6. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes at 350*F. When the skin on the peppers wrinkles and softens, they are done. Mine took 30 minutes;
7. Add a sprinkle of cheese (optional) and place on the middle oven rack for 5 additional minutes, switch oven to medium 'broil' for the last 2-3 minutes. Finally, add a generous spoonful of hummus (I loved the sundried tomato hummus for these!)
Do you like to cook?
- I love love love to cook. If I had it my way, I would cook big fancy elaborate meals every evening! I try to cook homemade most nights, though it can be pretty challenging since I work long hours and volunteer a lot, on top of blogging and running. But I really believe that the food we put in our bodies is the key to health, so I am trying to cook more with whole unprocessed foods!
Are you a cook with a recipe person or do you prefer to make up your recipes as you go?
- I love to make up what I'm cooking as I go. Add a splash of this and a dash of that.. I rarely follow a recipe to cook anything! This makes for a good cook and a bad baker ;-)
Where do you find inspiration for new meals?
- I love reading blogs for inspiration (some of my favourites are Oh She Glows , The Athletarian , Push Pump Progress and the Colourful Palate ). I also love leafing through cookbooks - my current inspiration has been Tosca Reno's The Eat Clean Vegetarian Cookbook - I won a copy from the Athletarian a few months ago and I am so in love with it! I've bought several as gifts for other foodies.
Connect with me!
Find me on Twitter
Check out my Facebook page
Find me on Instagram
Or email me