To add to this he has the following goals and guidelines for this race training wise. They are:
1. Attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Fastest Marathon Dressed as a Dairy Product
2. Drink a Shamrock Shake a day, up until the marathon (starting January 31st)
3. Eat only McDonald’s (once I start drinking the shakes) up until the marathon. Non-McDonald’s water, PowerGel, multivitamin and ibuprofen will be allowed (c’mon, I’m a runner)
4. Get back in marathon shape
5. Stay married. Remain #1 dad to my girl. Convince my family I’m not crazy.
6. Raise as much money as I can for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana. Joe and I both hope you will consider donating to his run at the record. All donations will go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana . Together we can help make a big difference for families while doing something fun!
I’ll certainly follow Joe’s effort and I’ll write a follow up on this in the near future. Maybe we can even have a chance to chat with him about it. I think I’ll go and get a Shamrock Shake now and begin my training for my next race! Good luck Joe!