Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

I'm a beginner runner I walk for 7mins and run for 1 1/2mins but my right shin hurts. What should I do?

Posted by Lucky Mother of 3

Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Shin splints are one of the most common injuries. Another name for shin splints is too much, too soon. Cut your running back to 1 minute. Be sure you don't overstride. Your foot should hit the ground when your foot is under your body not in front of your body. Take smaller steps more often to help you avoid over striding. So the Furniture Lift stretch to strengthen your shins. See Here are more comments on shin splints
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: