Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

how do I know if I have a stress fracture below my knee

Posted by jman

 i have sharp pain just below my knee on the front of my leg. i also have bruising all down my shin to my ankle. I have had the pain for 2 months and it is getting worse
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
Wow! As far as I know, the only reliable way to test for a stress fracture is via x-ray. Head for a good sports doctor and have him/her check you out. Pain is not normal, and it is unsafe to run through persistant pain.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: