1. Thank you all for the comments on my last post . I had an all day meeting on Wednesday and was away from my personal e-mail all day, so I saved the comments for my long commute home and they put me in such a great mood. I really appreciate all of your support .
2. Speaking of my meeting on Wednesday, I give all of you who commute more than an hour everyday so much credit. Like I mentioned, I had a meeting out in the burbs and while I could have rented a ZipCar, I opted to take a train to a bus instead to avoid sitting in traffic for hours on my way home from the meeting. I didn’t mind the commute on my way to the meeting, I read the news, sipped my coffee, and read a little bit of the book I’m currently reading but on the way home I was incredibly impatient. I just wanted to get home! People have told me that you get used to the commute and I’m fortunate that I don’t have to but still, my hat is off to all of you commuters!
3. I realized while e-mailing with Kim that I haven’t talked about Sonic on the blog for awhile. Well, he’s doing spectacularly and becoming such a little man. Sonic is on the smaller side for a cat and he retained a lot of his kitten features until recently but now he’s really looking more like a cat (non-cat owners you can go ahead and think I’m crazy..). He’s at a great stage right now where we have a good balance of play time and cuddle time.
4. This has been an atypical week of running. In order to get out to my meeting in time on Wednesday, I decided to run in the evening after work and while I was afraid I’d have trouble getting motivated to go, I didn’t at all. It was actually really peaceful and relaxing to fit in a recovery run after the stress of the day. On Thursday, we had freezing rain so I headed inside and decided to run my Friday 7 miles instead of my planned Thursday 11 miles to cut down the time spent on a treadmill. While this worked wonders for Thursday, it made my 11 miler today really difficult. I did my best to avoid big patches of ice but there was a lot of frozen snow and ice under snow so that the uneven and slick ground plus the almost 20 mph winds really slowed me down. Oh well, it was tough but I’m glad I got it done .
5. A few months ago, I tried Amande , a gluten free, vegan, soy free yogurt and didn’t like it. I didn’t like the consistency or the fruity flavor. However, last weekend when Ian and I ran into Whole Foods, I saw that they carried large tubs of the plain and vanilla flavors. I definitely miss having yogurt for breakfast so I figured I would give the vanilla one more shot, it wasn’t too expensive and I figured if I hated it, I could bake with it. Well turns out that while I didn’t like the berry flavors, the vanilla was right up my ally. I put it in smoothies, had it plain with granola and fruit, even ate it straight out of the container. I liked it so much that even though we had freezing rain yesterday, I trekked over to Whole Foods on my lunch break to pick up a container of plain and a container of vanilla.
Obviously, the first thing I had to make with the plain was a creamy version of vegan overnight oats– something I haven’t had in almost a year! I mixed 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup plain Amande, 1 small banana (sliced), 1 tsp chia seeds and cinnamon and put it in the fridge overnight. This morning I added peanut butter and peanuts for crunch. Delicious!
What are your plans this weekend? I’m grabbing lunch with some friends, running, hopefully hitting up a power yoga class, and hanging out with Ian.