TrackFocus recently ran an article titled, “ Steve Prefontaine: 18 things you might not know .” It revealed that Pre liked bubble gum music, cross country skiing and the javelin. Here are five more things you might not know:
1) He made a mean egg salad sandwich.
2) While at Oregon, he raced to a photo finish with a young Wally Cox .
3) Someone thought the best person to play Pre in a movie was… Allen Iverson .
4) He played bass guitar for the Hudson Brothers .
5) His famous mustache was actually a woolly worm named “Bert” who lived on his upper lip.