1. I know, I know I just posted a Three Things Thursday but this week has felt super long and my brain is only able to think in bullets right now. Sorry!
2. Last night, Ian and I celebrated Vday at Mirai , one of our favorite sushi places in the city. Their menu is pretty extensive, the fish is always super fresh, and the restaurant has a great trendy vibe. The one downside? Awful Romantic lighting that made it difficult to take any pictures of food.
See? Totally looks like Ian is just chillin’ in the dark. Rest assured though, while I don’t have photographic evidence, Ian and I made sure to dine on salads, rolls, and lots of nigiri. Sushi is one of those foods that just doesn’t fill me up and we made sure to have quite the feast .
3. You may have noticed that I’ve been adding some core work into my workout schedule. I know I’m bad and don’t generally strength train so I’ve been trying to find ways to squeeze 30 minutes of core work in 2-3x a week with a goal of completing 2 workout DVDs and taking one strength class (or swimming 1x) at my gym each week. Of course, this isn’t going to be easy. I feel like I already workout a decent amount … even if it’s just running… and I need to balance working out with many other things in my life so we’ll see how it goes. I think doing more strength work will make me a more balanced runner though.
Trust me, I’d love to be able to go for a medium-long run and then take a strength class every day but I do have a kitty mouth to feed at home and unfortunately, I have to work to make the money to buy the kibble .
4. Are you guys big coffee drinkers? I go through phases where I’ll drink a lot of coffee and then I’ll cut myself off and only drink tea for a bit. I’m approaching almost a year of full on coffee drinking though and am starting to really explore the different varieties. For example, I used to really like milder coffees but lately I’ve been enjoying Starbucks’ Dark Roast.
What’s your favorite type of coffee? Do you have a go-to order at coffee shops?
5. Is anyone planning on registering for the Chicago Marathon? Well registration for the 2013 Chicago Marathon opens this coming Tuesday, February 19 at 12 pm. Considering how fast the race has sold out in the last few years, I’d highly recommend registering early! I’ve been alluding to the fact that I was thinking of registering but haven’t officially said anything because I wanted to see how I felt jumping back into training after the Goofy Challenge. Well, I’m feeling good *knock on wood* and because the Chicago Marathon will be taking place basically in my backyard, I’m planning on registering for it again this year! I also plan to run it for a charity but there will be more on that in a later post.
Have any fun plans this weekend? Ian and I might go to the auto show and we’re planning on grabbing lunch at the French Market but besides that, my weekend is looking to be pretty chill.