Are you sick of reading every single blogger’s 2013 resolutions? I hope so, because you’re about to read mine.
I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to post about my goals because I try to stay away from posting about things that are actually personal. I gotta keep the blog light and fun/ridiculous but I made an executive decision and decided to go ahead and post them. Let’s do 13 goals for 2013. ( I’m so clever!)
1. Be less cluttery. PartyDog and I are extremely clean people-but we tend to gravitate towards clutter. My goal for us to be less like the picture I am about to show you. What you are about to see is something very few people have had the displeasure of seeing and you might have a panic attack just from looking at it (I nearly do everyday).
2. Be more adventurous in the kitchen. I tend to make the same crap over and over again. While it’s tasty crap I still need to try different recipes. My goal is to make at least 2 new recipes a month.
3. Try more fitness classes. Last year was the first year I ever took ANY fitness classes ever and it made me realize how much I love them and how fun it is to try something new. I want to try even more this year.
4. Volunteer at least 1x/month. I tried to volunteer last year- I even went to the orientation/training but I never got matched with a student. This year, I’m going to work a little harder at finding something to volunteer at.
5. Continue to build relationships. Not to toot my own horn (just kidding, I’m totes tootin) I’m really proud of how proactive I was in finding friends in 2012. I’ve made some really incredible friends and I want to continue to try and see them as much as I possibly can…to the point where they begin to hate me because they see me so often.
6. Blog more book reviews. I read a ton but I very rarely blog about the books I read. I personally love reading book reviews so I’ll be posting at least one review a month.
7. Explore Chicago more. Now that we’ve been here a year and half, we’ve found our restaurant staples and tend to only go to those places. My goal for 2013 is to try at least one new restaurant a month.
8. Stop buying new books and read the ones I own. This is going to probably be the hardest one for me. I honestly have about 40 books that I have yet to read sitting on my book shelf. I’ve decided unless it’s a book for book club or I go home and get to visit my favorite used book store, I will NOT buy any books until I read some of the ones I’ve already bought.
9. Unplug more often. I need to work on being less obsessed with instagram/twitter/blogs/GOMI this year. I’m thinking one weekend a month where I disable the smart phone features on my phone to detox my brain of social media.
10. Travel to 1 new place. I’m a little obsessed with constantly making my life an adventure. Last year we went to California and had a blast. This year, I want PartyDog and I to travel to 1 new place for some serious exploring.
11. Do something completely foreign/crazy to me. Sometimes I see Groupons for things like trapeze classes or swing dance lessons and always think it would be fun to try but never do. This year I plan to actually do 1 thing that I would never normally do.
12. Date PartyDog more often. PartyDog and I have been together almost 6 years which means are have a pretty established routine for our life. I would however like for us to try and ‘date’ each other more this year-whatever the heck that means, I don’t even know.
13. Try to appreciate my body more. Instead of focusing on what my body looks like and the things I feel need improvement, I want to shift that focus to appreciating all the amazing things my body is capable of doing.
I’m stressed just reading through those. 13 resolutions may be a little too much but whatever. I guess we’ll see how I do!