Want to feel like Spiderman and go vertical by taking up rock climbing? Go ahead, but remember to get the perfect size shoe because it is one of the most crucial accessories. Here are some tips to help you choose the right shoe.
1. You must try the shoes on to check that they fit well. Climbing shoes are available in normal stores and online. If you are planning to buy online, then have your feet measured with a Brannock device. Write down the measurements and use them as a guide when ordering online.
2. Try different models. The fit of the shoes varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and also across different models. So it's a good idea to try different types to get that perfect fit. Again, if you want to order online, just try out the models at a shoe store and then place your order.
3. Rock climbing shoes fit a little more snugly than normal shoes. They should be tight enough to not allow the feet to mo freely. Check that the toes are pushed against the front of the shoe. They could be straight or even slightly curled.
4. The heel should fill the back of the shoe and should not rise up and down when you walk.
5. For beginners, all-purpose shoes work best as they give good results in different situations.
6. Get shoes that are sturdy and can handle the wear and tear.
It's also important for beginners to remember not to wear socks. If you are renting shoes, I recommend wearing socks, but once you have your own pair of shoes, they work best with bare feet. This will also help your shoe mold with your feet over time.