Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Testicular Pain: Frank Talk About The Beans

Posted Nov 24 2010 12:34pm
The male testicle is a sensitive organ.  While sexual manipulation can be pleasing, careless casual contact can be uncomfortable and even somewhat painful.  Wives must handle ‘the beans’ with care.

If a man has persistent or prolonged testicular pain, it can be a sign of something more serious and require medical treatment.  So, what are some good rules of thumb to know when to see the doc?  Well, generally, if you are concerned or unable to get relief through rest or over-the-counter pain meds, see a medical professional immediately.  The issue may just be incidental inflammation or torsion (twisted testicle).  But it might be a hernia, kidney stones, masses or something more serious.

  • Seek immediate medical attention if the pain is sudden and severe
  • Seek immediate medical attention if the pain is accompanied by nausea, fever, chills or blood in your urine
  • Make an appointment if you feel a lump in your testicles (make it sooner rather than later)
  • Make an appointment if the pain (mild, moderate or severe) lasts beyond just a few days

Despite the above advice, use your own wisdom as to how quickly you need medical attention.  It’s your body and you don’t get another one.  Don’t ignore issues and never feel silly for seeking a medical professional’s consult.  That’s why they exist.  Right?

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches