12 Empowering New Year’s Resolutions for Wives with Cheating Husbands
Posted Jan 07 2009 3:09pm
Most wives with cheating husbands suffer in silence, or tolerate infidelity because they feel they have no other alternatives, or don’t know what else to do.
You don’t have to be a helpless victim if your husband is cheating on you. The New Year’s resolutions below can help you make the best of a bad situation and minimize much of the damage infidelity can cause.
Empower yourself in 2009, by taking control of your situation. A few of the resolutions below can even be implemented quietly behind the scenes, and will help you protect yourself emotionally, sexually, legally and financially.
Regardless of whether you end up staying with your husband or leaving him, these New Year’s Resolutions will empower you and help you gain the upper hand.
1. Face reality. Ignoring your husband’s infidelity will only make matters worse.
2. Let him know you know. Sometimes this alone is enough to make him stop.
3. Speak up and take a stand. Make it clear that you disapprove and tell him you want it to stop.
4. Rely on your support team. Confide in a trusted friend. Don’t try to go it alone.
5. Identify the underlying issues. What are contributing factors to his infidelity?
6. Realistically evaluate your situation. Consider all your options. Can the marriage be saved? Or is it beyond repair?
7. Seek counseling for yourself and for your marriage. Get professional help.
8. Protect yourself sexually. Your health is at risk if he’s having unprotected sex.
9. Find out your legal rights. Consult an attorney who specializes in matrimonial law and have him explain what you and the children are legally entitled to.
10. Put your financial house in order. Take a realistic look at your current financial situation and make the necessary adjustments.
11. Equip yourself to earn a living. Don’t stay just because you’re financially dependent on your cheating mate.
12. Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally. Accept the possibility that your marriage may end, and begin formulating a workable strategy now.
For more ways to empower yourself, request the free infidelity report entitled “ 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do If He’s Cheating on You”. E-mail InfidelityAdvice@gmail.com with "5 Things - b" in the subject line.
In 2009, focus your energy and efforts on the positive things you can do to make the best of a bad situation. Implementing these New Year’s resolutions will give you the upper hand.
For more information about infidelity, cheating spouses, or extramarital affairs, visit