The Ultimate Meal - Nutrients, Weight Loss, Energy
Posted Jan 11 2009 5:30pm
After reading many times about how great this meal replacement powder is, I decided to give it a go. It's100% Vegan, Mostly Organic, and High Raw. I recommend reading through the entire websiteabout it (Check out the FAQ, too). But if you choose to buy it, get it fromAmazonsince it's less expensive. Here is the list of ingredients.
I was attracted to it for a number of reasons :
1. Loaded with nutrients- Even though I get plenty of vitamin and minerals throughout my week by trying to rotate foods and such, I'm still interested in making sure I have as many bases covered as possible. Additionally, The Ultimate Meal has a number of things that I would like more of in my diet .
2. The reviews are great- Like I wrote earlier, I've read a number of reviews about this product over the years, I just hadn't tried it until now. People are very happy with the product, including the famous Vegan Ultimate Fighting Champion, Mac Danzig. Check out theblog article on him here(this is one of my favorite blogs to follow). Once you're done reading that, you can check out an"in-depth look" hereabout his diet specifics (for the in-depth look, scroll down to #6). If you want me to cut to the chase, here is this super-mega star's review of it :
I swear by this stuff, it's a whole meal and has made up a huge part of my diet for 3 years now. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but I truly notice myself feeling better when I use it daily. Remember to follow the directions and add the apple and banana. (This is not your normal "add powder to water" supplement.)
3. Great for weight loss- The Ultimate Meal is great for helping people lose weight because it's reputed for helping people stay "full" up to 6-hours after drinking it. Many people enjoy this for breakfast and lunch or breakfast and dinner, or some have it for all of their meals some days. But, it's not all about just weight loss because.. .
4. Excellent pre-natal nutrition- Since I'm not trying to lose weight and will be looking for ways to add more nutrient dense calories to my diet once I'm pregnant, this will be a great choice. I won't use it to replace meals, rather, I'll enjoy this as mid-morning/afternoon snack(s) . As you can see, it's up to you how you use this. It can be helpful with losing weight, maintaining weight, or gaining healthy weight .
5. Great pre/post workout shake- This is where my boyfriend comes in. He loves having a shake before or after a heavy duty workout in the gym, so this is perfect for that . It's filled with carbs from the fruit, protein, and nutrients, to fuel his big muscles. So, all you ladies out there with men who want a shake with some more "oompf!" here it is! 6. Convenient and travel worthy- It's fast and easy to make. I love that I can take this when traveling, too. It's important to make sure I'm still packing my body with nutrients when I'm not at home . Yes, you need a blender for this, but that's not a problem since I travel with this great travel blender.
So, how does it taste?It's good. I'm not jumping up and down, licking my lips and wanting to lick the glass to get every last drop of it, but I'm also not grimacing and making icky faces either. It's very likable. I've read in the reviews that you need to make it according to the instructions which includes a banana and half-apple or peach or some other fruit for the best flavor. And, if you're avoiding fruit for some reason, then you can make it with a raw nut/seed milk (hemp would be great) and add a sweetener such as stevia.
So far, I've had it as recommended on the container. I've also made it and added maca, carob and hemp powder. Another time I added milk thistle seeds and a teaspoon ofVitamineral Green Powder. Overall, we really like it and will continue to use this. If you get some, let me know what you think :)