Sugar-Free Wake-Me-Up Coffee Cake With Double Mocha Coffee Glaze
Posted May 05 2012 6:36pm
Folks, I’ve surprised myself!
Ever since NuNaturals sent me that awesome gift package (I blogged about it here ), I’ve been trying to think of something awesome to make with some of the products – today was the day!
I wanted something with coffee, double mocha powder, stevia, and something super moist and decadent.
This cake DELIVERS all that and more!
To get started, gather all your ingredients, measuring cups, bowls, etc. This will save you time in the end.
I took a photo of the healthiest ingredients (although milk and coffee are healthy too but they missed the photo).
SWEET TOOTH NOTE: I use stevia in my coffee, tea, and baked goods so I am not used to sugar. If you are, you might not think this is as sweet as you’re used to. You may want to add more sweetener.
11/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup ground flax
2 cups NuStevia Sweetener (Stevia Baking Blend)
3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup strong coffee, cooled (not cold, just not hot)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla Chobani)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Baking Note: Stevia Baking Blend is a 1:1 ratio compared to sugar. So, if you use 1 cup of sugar in a recipe, you can replace that with the same exact amount of Stevia Baking Blend—1 cup.
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Spray a light coat of cooking spray in your cake pan ( I used a medium-sized bundt cake pan).
3. Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl. I whisked mine together (instead of sifting): NuStevia Baking Blend, ground flax, self-rising flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
4. In a second bowl, whisk your wet ingredients: strong coffee, vanilla extract, farm fresh eggs, oil, milk.
5. Now add half of your wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and combine until smooth. Add the rest of wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
6. Pour your sugar-free chocolate coffee batter into your lightly sprayed cake pan and bake 30 – 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Time and temp vary according to oven. (I have a small, apartment-sized gas cookstove so I bake at a lower temp for a little longer and that works well for me.)
7 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used Singing Dog by NuNaturals)
3 tablespoons double mocha powder (omit this ingredient if you want 100% sugar-free result – I threw this in at the end and it was delish but there is sugar in the double mocha powder)
1 1/2 cups NuNaturals Sweet Health Erythritol Crystals
1 tablespoon (melted) butter
1. Whisk above ingredients together and drizzle over cake.
Now on to the sweetest part of all… digging in!
Now, on to freebies and discounts for YOU!
(Open to all Continental U.S. readers.)
Just send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to NuNaturals at the following address:
NuNaturals, INC 2220 West 2nd Ave. # 1 Eugene, OR 97402
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – ENDS JUNE 30, 2012
Be sure to take full advantage of SPECIAL DISCOUNTS on all future orders only available from ordering through the NuNaturals website www.nunaturals.com