As a child I loved strawberry ice-creams and
fast-food joint thick-shakes. Little did I know then
the ingredients were and what they were doing to
my body! With the aim to recreate the same taste in
a healthier form I came up with this very simple but
even more delicious "strawberry ice-dream" recipe.
Seeing as the weather is so hot for many of us right now, and
knowing how we all love to keep it simple, I know
that you're going to love this recipe for its taste,
simplicity and speed. Great for real kids too of course!
* 1 cup water
* 2 frozen bananas (peel before freezing and freeze
* a small handful of fresh strawberries
OPTIONAL: small piece of vanilla pod OR a few drops
of vanilla essence
1) Put all ingredients into a Vita-Mix or blender (NB:
If not using a Vita-Mix, allow the frozen
bananas to thaw for a while first, otherwise your
blender may find it too tough to handle).
2) Blend all ingredients thoroughly until thick whipped
ice-cream like consistency is achieved.
3) Pour into a tall glass, serve with a strawberry on
top and enjoy!
* RAW CHEF'S TOP TIP: You can swap the
strawberries for many other different fresh or frozen
fruits, or use combinations to create your own
special recipe. Mango and strawberry are lovely
together. Alternatively, if you haven't had time to
freeze your bananas, then use fresh ones and blend
with ice instead of water.