Kim: Day 16 1. I love that I still have manners and am very courteous with others despite their reactions. Manners...
shannon: Day 15 1 I’m hanging in there today, even though I pretty much feel like crap! 2 I think for now I tackled...
sharyn james: I just enjoyed a chia pudding after a salad of wilted kale with white beans and vegan lasagne. Who knew...
Rachelle Fordyce: Hi Lana, Thanks for your feedback! To answer your questions: - The 7-Days on Rabbit Food Challenge...
Lana Salzer: Tera, I do not have a website. I have read your forward and the first chapter of your book —...
Written by Rachelle Fordyce on July 13, 2012 – -
by Kristen Hayton
“The average American breathes 3,400 gallons of air each day, making ambient air pollution a major environmental problem.” – American Lung Association
“Children breathe in 50 percent more air per pound of body weight than adults do.” – EPA Web Site -Indoor Environments Division
…Did you know? Indoor air pollution is a real issue to consider.
So while you are detoxing your body, drinking all those yummy green smoothies, mixing up those raw concoctions, and throwing out those chemical-laden body care products, think about detoxing your environment and the air you are breathing, as well!
The levels of indoor air pollution in our homes are at scary levels. Paint, carpet, plastics, cleaners, dust, mold, building products, furnishings are among the chemical containing, toxin laden, and irritating items in your home quietly causing problems with your family’s health. These toxins are as endless as the symptoms that they cause.
Many of these contaminates can cause serious health problems including respiratory difficulties, skin irritation, nausea, headaches, eye irritations, allergies, and even cancer. Green Cleaning for Dummies advises to watch out for products containing chlorine bleach, phosphates, petroleum derivatives, ammonia,synthetic solvents, petroleum, formaldehyde, triclocarban(TCC), and triclosan (TSC) and perchlorethylene.
But wait! Don’t panic!
Don’t get so bogged down and overwhelmed by the thought of all the things in your home that might be toxic to your health that you just throw your hands up in the air… Instead, pick some things you can do, and start somewhere!
1. Detox your body on a regular basis. So great job, Detox Diva, if you are already drinking those green smoothies!
Now, take a breath and and let’s look at a few easy steps you can take now to clean up that air you are breathing.
2. Get some fresh air. Go outside! And when you’re inside, open the windows! Our homes have been made to be energy efficient. We insulate our homes and keep out every speck of air to save on energy costs. In the summer, we close up and turn on the air. In the winter, we have the windows closed and turn on the heat. Open your windows at least once a day to let fresh air in. Open your bedroom window even a crack at night to let in some fresh air.
3. Have plants in your home. Plants have been shown to be extremely effective to reduce indoor toxins. Consider English Ivy, Goldon pothos, Bamboo palm, Peace lily, Pot mum, Mother-in-law’s tongue and Marginata are some of the most effective plants to improve air quality.
4. Choose a natural way to freshen the air in your home instead of using chemical air fresheners. Essential oils can be placed in a glass spray bottle. You can fill your house with your favorite scents – lavender, orange, pine,vanilla. Essential oils not only smell wonderful but are actually good for your body and contain healing properties. The natural scent of fresh flowers could work nicely, too.
5. Get rid of antibacterial anything. These soaps, lotions, and potions contain dangerous chemicals. They threaten marine life and other environmental issues. They also are producing antibiotic resistance in humans.
6. Get rid of those toxic cleaners. Those ready made cleaners may be cheap and easy to pick up off the grocery store shelf but leave them there!
Ever notice how difficult it is to breathe when you walk down that cleaning aisle? Don’t bring those into your home! There are many green options on the market. They can be pricey but there are many great cost effective cleaning products.
7. Choose green alternatives. Vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil, coconut oil, and essential oils are as effective as the toxic alternatives. Look for plant based laundry soap, and chlorine-free bleach alternatives. Dryer sheets are full of chemicals, yet baking soda (1/4 cup) in the wash is a simple wash freshener. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to your laundry soap or baking soda.
Easy peasy! Nothing difficult. Just start with these simple tips. You can always add more ideas as time goes on. Be easy with yourself. As you start to notice that you are feeling better, you can research more ideas on how to clean up your home naturally.
Your home is a reflection of your life and your thoughts. If you’ve got excess clutter, unorganized files, incomplete projects, etc. these are weighing you down literally and physically! Most people don’t realize that if you feel:
tired, lethargic, and depressed
out of control and struggle to concentrate or focus
seem to stuck in domestic disputes more than usual
your confidence and self-esteem are at an all time low
struggle to make clear decisions easily
It could all be because of an excess of clutter!!
With Body Enlightenment, we get you to step off the scales and step into life!
When you put your attention on the other areas of life where you’re “carrying an extra load,” your physical weight, excess worries, stress, arguments and cluttered thoughts will all clear up without effort!We’ve created an entirely new paradigm for beauty care. When you start tapping into the floral pharmacy Nature has provided, “beauty” care becomes health care and a vital part of healthy living!
What if your night cream soothed your nerves and your morning moisturizer actually contained plant extracts that nourish and even your skin tone and heal scars?
What if you could finally peel away all the layers of synthetic goop you’ve been caking on your face and get back to your gorgeous, natural glow and look years younger and feel more radiant and healthy than ever before!??
It IS possible.
For a complete, head-to-toe natural makeover of beauty on the cellular level, please join us for the upcoming BE Beauty program. It’s 30 days of learning the most efficient, empowering natural beauty tips you need to know. Wrinkle-cream and powder puffs just don’t cut it anymore for women who long to reveal their natural, radiant beauty and sparkle with a vibrant glow reflective of the health and well-being happening on a cellular level.