Health knowledge made personal
Pregnancy & Fertility Community
Join this community!
› Share page:
+ Add Blog to My Feeds
› View Profile
› Send a message
› Write on Whiteboard
More from this Member
I'm The Mom, I'm The Mom, I'm The Mom!
Should Celebrities and Public Figures "Out" Themselves Just Because They Choose Donor Egg?
To Tell Or Not To Tell -- That Is The Question
Should Egg Donation Be Regulated?
ANONYMOUS VS. KNOWN DONORS: How do I choose?
» View All
Questions to ask each agency that may make your search for a donor more effective
Posted Jun 12 2009 11:57pm
1. How long has the agency been in business? Are you an LLC?
2. How many donors has the agency matched with recipients in the last year?
3. How many donors are available at any one time?
4. How many pregnancies and live births have resulted in these cycles?
5. What is the agency’s fee for their services?
6. What do you have to pay up front and what do you pay once you have selected a donor?
7. Is the fee refundable if you change your mind about a donor or decide not to proceed with any donors in that agency?
8. What exactly do the fees cover?
9. What is the compensation given to the donor herself?
10. Can she set her own level of compensation?
11. Does the donor undergo psychological screening before being placed on the prospective donor list?
12. Who performs the screening (the agency or another third party)?
13. Does the agency facilitate a meeting between you and the donor if you desire to meet her?
14. Does the agency provide anonymous donors, identified donors, or both?
15. How long are records kept on anonymous donors?
16. Where are these records maintained?
17. Does the agency adhere to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Guidelines for Oocyte Donation?
18. What is included in the legal contract that the donor signs?
19. What is included in the legal contract that the recipient couple signs?
20. What kind of medical insurance coverage for the donor does the agency provide, and what are the terms?
21. Does the agency provide a service agreement between the agency and recipient/intended parents?
22. How is the recipient parent protected in the event the egg donor doesn't take her medication as agreed?
23. How is the recipient parent protected in the event the egg donor bails half way through a cycle?
24. Does the agency provide a fair refund policy?
Post a comment
Write a comment:
Is it unethical for a woman to sign up with more than one egg donor agency to be a donor?
Egg Donor and Surrogate Agency Fees in the USA by Guest Blogger Gail Sexton Anderson of Donor Concierge
How to Select an Egg Donor Agency
Egg Donor Agencies
Taking a Stand for Ethical Donor Agencies
Tips for Egg Donor Agencies Part 1: Cycle Information
What do Egg Donor Agencies Screen For? by Gail Sexton Anderson Ed.M.
Tips for Egg Donor Agencies Part 2: Fill in All the Blanks
Sir, Can you please tell me how to contact donor agencies for my Health TV channel. Thanks.
Tips for Egg Donor Agencies Part 3: Profile Pictures
About Health Mavens
heartburn early pregnancy
cervical bone spurs
cervical cancer pictures
cervical pinched nerve
cycle after miscarriage
Video Health Stories
Advertise With Us
See all the
latest blog posts.
Salmonella Nutrition Bars
Children Staph Infection
How to Reduce LDL
Life Expectancy Emphysema
Itchy Swollen Eyelids
Bone Density Medications
Causes of Swelling
Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Sore Neck Glands
Itchy Rash on Arms
Itchy Throat Cough
Pinched Nerve Neck Symptoms
Burning Sensation During Urination
Blood Clots During Period
Swollen Lymph Node Armpit
Causes of Lump
Causes of Itching
Swollen Lymph Nodes Groin
Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period
Causes of Rash
Coughing Up Phlegm
Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes
Early Pregnancy Brown Discharge
Gillian Barre Syndrome
Sore Throat Body Aches
Symptoms of Swelling
Side Effects of Flu Shot
Find a Counselor
Wellsphere does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information.
Copyright © 2013 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.