I heart these fab, non-silent, friendly superhero bloggers who kick ass brilliantly
Posted Jan 11 2009 5:44pm
This post has been sitting in my drafts since I first started it early September. I had received my first blog award from Sara at Somewhat Lower and I was thrilled. Then I posted about everything except my blog award. Then I got more awards, and more, then a couple more. Each time I was given another award, I came back and did more work to this post. This is not me bragging - this is me hanging my head in shame for taking so long to pass on these awards. So, consider this the Bloggies, because there are eight different awards being passed on, all in this very post. I am extremely grateful to those of you who passed these blog awards on to me; I am honored to receive them.
I' m going to start by passing on a few more Red Cape Awards. Y' know, those Red Cape Awards that I created? Me, myself, and I? NOW I' m bragging. The people I' ve passed them on to are brag-worthy.
Jeanne of Coming 2 Terms: for being such a clear voice on one of
the less talked-about angles of infertility - life after making the
decision to live child-free. I learn a lot there and she always slows
me down to stop and think.
Io of Who Shot My Stork?: I want Io and A to come eat cookies with me. Well, I want Frank and A to cook for Io and me while the two of us knock back drinks and moo like the cows that we are.
Chicklet of Bloorb: Frank and I are not the only ones who have conversations like this. She tells good stories and uses capitals for emphasis liberally like THIS which I think is pretty FUNNY, DOOD! I owe her a story for a meme she tagged me for, so I' ll probably pay up tomorrow for Mel' s Show & Tell.
Tash of Awful but Functioning: it' s hard to weave 5,000 different emotions into a single post or comment, but you do. And you turned Frank and me on to Smitten Kitchen. My taste buds and the girth of my ass thanks you.
Jendeis of Sell Crazy Someplace Else and Shelli of BagMomma: neither of them know this, but each of them wrote particular posts within the past month that touched me deeply and helped me feel not so alone when I was feeling toilety down in the bad place. They' re heroes in my book for speaking so candidly about their feelings. Both of you helped at least one person, so thanks for that.
The original Red Cape Award post and instructions for passing it along are here.
Who doesn' t need extra prayers? I' ll take them from anywhere I can get them - except if you have three sixes burned in your scalp and your prayers include the words Beezelbub, Antichrist, or sacrifice.
Good goddess vibes are being sent to:
Luna of Life from Here ~ in the hopes that her path and that of her future child' s birthmother will cross soon.
Lexy of Stoopid Monkeys ~ Lexy is recovering from the loss of triplets. She' s in my thoughts and prayers as she grieves and moves ahead with surrogacy.
Io of Who Shot My Stork ~ Hey God, Goddess, Universe, Whoever is listening - cut my girl a break, please.
charmedgirl of A Charmed Life? ~ because of that thing that' s coming up
To claim this most prestigious of prizes you have to answer a meme of sorts, this one with one word answers. You also have to pass it along to SEVEN other bloggers. And so:
1. Where is your cell phone? purse 2. Where is your significant other? wii 3. Your hair color? brown 4. Your mother? movies 5. Your father? California 6. Your favorite thing? laughter 7. Your dream last night? Ed McMahon (???) 8. Your dream/goal? lottery 9. The room you' re in? kitchen 10. Your hobby? blogging 11. Your fear? planes 12. Where do you want to be in six years? home 13. Where were you last night? stuffed 14. What you' re not? hungry 15. One of your wish list items? books 16. Where you grew up? everywhere 17. The last thing you did? wrote 18. What are you wearing? pj' s 19. Your T.V.? wii 20. Your pet? Spunky 21. Your computer? attached 22. Your mood? hopeful 23. Missing someone? always 24. Your car? battlewagon 25. Something you' re not wearing? bra 26. Favorite store? BarnesandNoble 27. Your Summer? sucked 28. Love someone? fiercely 29. Your favorite color? red 30. When is the last time you laughed? now 31. Last time you cried? today
Becky - Mommy Wants Vodka: Becky likes to use CAPITALS, TOO, and she has a curious obsession with different ways to refer to scrota (is that the plural for scrotum?) She' s funny as hell and refreshingly honest.
Debbie of It' s Just Me: she' s starting out on the pathyway of adopting from Etheopia. Her excitement is contagious.
Calliope of Creating Motherhood - I' m channelling my inner Sheila E. to chant "Rock, rock, Cali rocks! Everybody knows that Cali Rocks!"
Erin of Just Off Magazine - Her travels with Charlie the Human Teddy Bear are fun to live vicariously through. Whenever I visit her blog, I' m always reminded to be happy for the little things. Everyday is Thanksgiving over on Bordeaux Street.
The Angry Infertile: Om, Bitch. Om!!! Need I say more? I will say more - this one is a must-read. What I love about Angry is that I' m quite sure that had I been writing blogs back when I was still trying to conceive, my tone would have mirrored hers - angry but funny, and you just want to reach out and give her a big hug.
Answer the questions below and pass the award on to any number of bloggers!
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? For the most part, no. "Friend" is a word that I use sparingly. I have acquaintances from high school who were close to me back then, but I catch up with the now only every once in a while. Of all my high school friends, I' d say that only one is still a true blue, tight like glue friend.
2. What do you value most about your friends? Complete
and utter support; my true friends are there through it all, the fun
times along with the pick you up off the floor bad times. They love me at my worst
3. Are your friends your sounding boards? Sho' nuff.
4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? Lots of laughter while just hangin' out.
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post. 2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post. 3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person
that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your
five winners, make sure you link them as well. Also, don' t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
My 5 addictions that keep me going: (and in no particular order mind you)
1. Internet - no explanation necessary 2. tea and toast 3. laughter 4. massages from Frank 5. hot showers
The "I Will Not Be Silent about Infertility" Award
This stroke of genius award was developed by Angry IF. She gave this to all of us, and I' m giving it to all of you. If you haven' t done so already, read about the significance of this award and pick one up for yourself. Well done, Angry. Brilliant.