How to Get Started Boosting Your Fertility Naturally…
Posted Dec 16 2009 10:01pm
I get asked a lot by readers “Where do I start? What should I do first?” So I though you may be thinking the same and am going to answer this very important question today.
When it comes to boosting your fertility naturally one of the most important things to do is build a healthy foundation which the rest of your program can work upon. A health foundation consists of Nutrition, Movement, and Balance.
Nutrition is a very important component to a natural fertility program. Nutrition plays a role in hormonal balance, creating and building healthy cells and eggs, supplying the body with important nutrients to combat free radicals and DNA mutation, reducing the effects of stress on the body, creating healthy blood, and so much more. Nutrition is basically supplying your body with the building blocks for healthy fertility and a healthy baby. What you eat will be building your baby period.
So to begin to build a healthy nutritional foundation you may need to make some changes to your diet. Some of these changes are going to be big, and others simple. I have created a free guide to the Natural Fertility Diet which you can read and get all the details on creating a wonderful, fertility and pre-conception food plan. But here are the 5 first steps you can take today:
1. Eat one big salad a day. Make a large, colorful salad every day. Have fun with it, add nuts, cranberries, goat cheese, walnuts, kale, whatever you are craving at the moment. Just make sure it has greens in it.
3. Eat organic. This one step will help to cut out excess hormones from your diet. Chemicals and added hormones found in meats and dairy are a major cause of hormonal imbalance. Produce should be organic as well because pesticides/herbicides/etc. mimic estrogen in the body.
4. Take a whole food multivitamin. This helps to make sure you are getting all of the necessary nutrients that are necessary for healthy fertility (folic, iron, vitamin C…). Think of it as insurance for your diet. A study from Harvard Medical school involving 18,000 women has shown that taking multivitamins, particularly folic acid, can improve chances of pregnancy…
5. Get Essential Fatty Acids in your diet daily. Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) are important in overall health. EFA’s are necessary for proper endocrine function, heart function, brain function, they also reduce inflammation and so much more. Make sure to get these in your diet every day.
I call this part of the foundation movement because it is about moving your body and getting fresh oxygenated blood to your uterus, eggs, heart, liver, etc. The important movements for a great fertility program are:
1. Exercise daily - Exercise is so fantastic for your general health. It helps to reduce stress, clear out toxins, promote a healthy weight, burn fat, and increases circulation to the entire body. Exercise also helps to re-oxygenate the blood, allowing the body to get more oxygen and heal faster, function better.
2. Massage - Massage is another aspect of movement that is important for detoxification and increasing circulation to the uterus, ovaries, and eggs. Self Fertility Massage is an easy way to do this one.
4. Increase your circulation - There are different ways to increase circulation to the uterus. Some quick and effective ones are to take hot baths, do castor oil packs on the lower abdomen, and move around through yoga or exercise. Circulation can be compromised to the uterus as it shares the same flow as your legs. When we are stressed or sitting a lot the circulation to the uterus can become compromised. Focusing on various ways of bringing fresh, oxygenated blood to your uterus is key.
Balance is an important part of building a healthy fertility foundation in more ways then one. For conception to occur there has to be the correct balance between hormones at specific times. So a healthy endocrine system is important to hormonal balance.
There also needs to be a balance in life. A balance between stress and peace, sleep and wake, and even your “time for yourself” and your “time you give to others” should be balanced. Here are 5 easy steps to bring more balance into your life both hormonally and mentally…
1. Take 5 minutes a day to be in silence. Clearing the mind and relaxing is a powerful way to help reduce stress and bring balance to a busy day.
2. Support and cleanse the liver for hormonal balance. This is one of the important phases of the Fertility Cleanse. The liver is responsible for clearing out excess hormones and toxins. By supporting the liver with nourishing herbs it is able to do its job better. The reduction of excess hormones floating around helps the hormonal system to stay/become more balanced. Everybody’s liver can use some support.
3. Nourish your endocrine system. The Natural Fertility Diet as well as fertility superfoods (such as Maca) can help to nourish and support the endocrine system. This system is effected not only by the stress in our daily lives but also the toxins in the environment. Using herbs and foods to nourish and support this system will help so it can function its best and keep the hormonal orchestra balanced and flowing smoothly.
4. Do something fun each week. Make sure to have fun and enjoy your life! Go to dance classes, make art, go on a date with your hubby… What ever it is have fun and don’t be so serious all the time.
5. Give. Give something of yourself to others. Whether it be a smile, a complement, a donation, or your time. Give of yourself and you will be happy. This can bring balance to your life that you have never expected.
The Ultimate Fertility Starter Kit
To help make it as easy as possible for you to get started I have put together the ‘Ultimate Fertility Starter Kit‘. This pack combines the tools and nutrients I recommend to get started with on a natural fertility program. Regardless of your fertility issue or imbalance this kit is a great way to get started. It contains many of the tools I mentioned above as well as components to a health fertility diet:
Included in the Ultimate Fertility Starter Kit:
Fertility Cleanse Kit
Performing a Fertility Cleanse may be one of the best first steps you can take in preparation for conception and hormonal balance. The herbs in the Fertility Cleanse Kit help support the body in cleansing the liver of excess hormones and toxins as well as supporting the cleansing of the uterus. The Fertility Cleanse is one of the best ways to start your natural fertility program.
Self Fertility Massage DVD
The Self Fertility Massage DVD teaches you a series of massage techniques that are used to help support reproductive health, the menstrual cycle, and your fertility. Certified Massage Therapist, Hethir Rodriguez, teaches you how to step-by-step how to perform fertility massage therapy on your own body and use specific massage therapy techniques to improve your fertility.
Fertility Yoga eBook
The “Fertility Yoga Program” e-Book is a series of stretches that have a positive effect on reproductive health. Every posture in this series has a supporting and nurturing effect on the reproductive system or the endocrine system -the hormonal headquarters.
Castor Oil Kit
Castor oil has been used for thousands of years as a healing therapy. Castor oil comes from a plant and is used externally only. A Castor Oil Pack is a cloth soaked in Castor oil, which is placed on the skin to enhance circulation and promote healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. Castor Oil packs may be helpful for women who are experiencing:
* Ovarian and uterine cysts
* Blocked tubes
* Detoxifying before conception
Fertilica UltraGreens Superfood
Fertilica UltraGreen’s Concentrated Superfood is a great way to make sure you are getting all of your greens on a daily basis. A healthy fertility diet that is rich in whole foods and dark green vegetables builds a strong foundation for healthy fertility. Two Teaspoons per day supply the body with an abundance of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Use this in your daily smoothie.
Fertilica Women’s Whole Food Multi
Fertilica’s Women’s Whole Food Multi is a one-a-day, whole food multivitamin which contains herbs and nutrients to helps support women while trying to conceive.
EFA’s are essential for the production of hormones in both the woman and men. Hormones use these fats as building blocks for what will become progesterone and many other reproductive hormones. We carry the best essential fatty acids available.
Buy the Ultimate Fertility Starter Kit
List Price: $279.82
Your Price: $223.86
You Save: $55.96 (20%)
We are so confident that you will be more than satisfied with your purchase, that we are providing a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. If for any reason your are unsatisfied with the product, send it back within 30 days of purchase and get a refund.
The Ultimate Fertility Starter Pack is to be used in the first month of your program. Here are quick start instructions on how to get started right. Detailed instructions are included in the kit.
As soon as you get your pack begin using:
Fertilica Women’s Whole Food Multi
Fertility Yoga eBook
The day after the last day of your period:
Fertility Cleanse Kit
Self Fertility Massage
Castor Oil Packs