Let it be known, I love Mexican eating. Yes, I have told you that many, many times over but seriously I am in love! The flavours, the colours – its busting with fresh flavours and it's good for you!
This week I'm sharing Corn Chowder, guacamole and white corn chips. Delicious mexican treats that's for sure!
I took these straight off Not Quite Nigella's blog – you might want to take a peek too.
5 corn cobs (corn removed from cob and cooked)
3 spring onions
1L of hot veggie stock
35 gm Semolina
1 bunch corriander
150gm lightly salted plain corn chips
75g grated cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
2. Place cooked corn into a food processor with spring onions and semolina. Blitz until mushy.
3. Place the mixutre into a large saucepan, add the hot stock and bring to the boil, then durn down and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, spread the tortilla chips out on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle over with cheese. Warm for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and put a small mound of cheese molten chips into the middle of each. Sprinkle with corriander if you like and serve immediately.
2 ripe avocados
1 cup sour cream
2 spring onions.
Salt and pepper
Combine in a food processor until is has a smooth consistence. Serve also with the molten chips from the recipe above.