No, no baby yet. At least not one I can hold in my arms. Apparently LBII is just too comfortable.
I was very encouraged by the comments in my previous post. Thank you very much.
I have to say I was very bummed when the equinox came and went. I was feeling like my body had let me down again. Maybe I will feel that way again if things don't turn around, but I find I am encouraged again.
Surprisingly I made it to my OB appointment today. I really thought I would have this kid before the equinox but then as it got closer I was sure it would be on the equinox. Now it is two days past, I am 41 weeks and 1 day - the same as when LB was born after I went into labor spontaneously - and still no sign that things are changing.
My OB, a self described 'vaginal birth advocate' is just fine with waiting until 42 weeks before wanting to intervene. We talked about how things might go at that point and a cesarean birth is most likely. If my cervix is favorable we might be able to induce, but I'm not sure if I would want to take that chance. Before my cesarean I always said I would never induce / augment a VBAC. Of course, I could ignore his advice and go longer than 42 weeks, but I'm not sure I would want to make that decision either. The chances of still birth start to go up after 42 weeks per the literature my OB has followed, but I don't know what that means . . . from 1 in 1000 to 2 in 1000? I guess I would have to know more, but even if the chances were small it would be tough to go against his advice on that one.
I am very much hoping we won't get to that point.
The good news is that both my OB and midwife are confident that I will go into labor on my own before the week is out. They both said gestation times are determined by the baby and full siblings tend to go about the same amount of time. I am crossing my fingers. I hope the next post is about labor starting.