googled "What do contractions feel like?" here are some of the
1. The only way that I can describe a contraction is like an orgasm or an ocean
2. Like the most severe period cramps you could ever imagine.
3. Contractions feel like somebody taking a very wide hot belt and wrapping it
around your belly and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing the heck out of your stomach with
the belt, making intense pressure and pain.
4. its like the worst cramp you could imagine, your stomach should tighten and
you will feel pressure down there when you are really contracting. It can start
around your back and wrap around
5. contraction felt like a STRETCHING that started at my belly button and
wrapped around to both of my sides. THOSE were the obvious kinds and there WAS
a pattern to them right away.
6. Labor contractions are felt low in the groin or in the lower back. They may
radiate from front to back or back to front or down your legs. They are dull
and crampy like menstrual or gas cramps.
Number 1 must be some kinda of granola hippy lady or something...really an
orgasm and an ocean wave? I think more people would be avoiding epidurals if
this were true!
The rest of the answers suggest it feels like a menstrual cramp but worse and
that it kinda wraps around you. There is also a lot of talk about stomach tightening.
So the things I have been experiencing since last night, may just be
They start in my lower back, wrap around into a menstrual cramp kinda feel and
the lower stomach portion gets all tight. I am anxious to say this could be the
start of early labour, cause I don't want to jinx anything, but maybe I will
say a tiny, slight "yay!" and be done.
We enter now into another weekend of suspense. Will she go into labour? Will
her water break in some awesomely embarrassing fashion that will have you
laughing for hours? Will she go through another whole weekend causing the whole
world to hold its breath only to be still pregnant on Monday?