Everyone's spinal cord injury is different; there are no perfect lists to prepare you for your individual journey through life. That being said, here is my Survival Backpack (items I never leave home without).
1. A high quality backpack securely attached to my wheelchair.
2. Distinct zipper pulls on the backpack. This enables me to direct assistants when retrieving items out of my backpack.
3. A poncho, your choice (a cheap throw away or a quality pack durable). It's always important to keep your electronics dry.
6. Swiss army knife
7. Eating utensils, cup holder (I use a fork that is bent and goes into my brace).
8. Long straws in a PVC container (prevents breaking).
9. Zip ties, Velcro and duct tape.
10 Business cards to exchange e-mail addresses etc.
11 Urinary supplies
12 Small pillbox, extra medication
13 Service Dog supplies (bottled water, bowl, extra food, plastic bags)